Friday, June 20, 2008

Pogue's eBook Experiment

A comment on David Pogue's ongoing eBook comments and discussions, the lastest available here. I enjoy David Pogue's posts, but have to admit that I've never purchased a book by him, and, given the titles of the books that he mentions, I can't imagine why I would.

I remember seeing students copying entire texts at the Union and libraries back when I was in college (back when Gopher was more than a rodent). These copies weren't for Gopher-distribution. And I could never figure out how the students thought they were ahead making $.10 copies of a 400-page book instead of buying a used, and sometimes even a new copy. I guess the moral is that some people will make copies just to do so.

That said, I'm glad that the "Circuits" columnist is finally moving at least some of his books (legitimately) online.

No comments: