Monday, May 19, 2008

Artificial Work/Life Separation

Today I emailed a link to LibraryThing.com from my work email address to my home email address. I decided that's just stupid, and not working very well anymore. Why can't I blog small segments at work, and use Blogger or whatever tool I need to keep track of all the wonderful little (and sometimes big) doohickeys people are creating to keep myself informed and/or marginally organized?

This is a description of LibraryThing that I sent to a colleague:
"It’s a site where individuals can catalog their own personal libraries, with all the bells-and-whistles that communal (and corporate) distribution of effort can bring. They have different membership levels, from free through public libraries, and offer tagging and social-networking features. OCLC for the 21st century."

I should have put it here first, then just pointed her here. In a vain attempt to keep my work and home life separate, I seem to be wasting time at both. It's not like I watch, or plan to watch, 30 Rock at work on Hulu, but maybe if I go ahead and blog all those pesky little, "Denise--see this!" notes at work, I'll have time to watch 30 Rock at home, or at least read my backlog of "Denise--see this!" notes.

No comments: